Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I've been nominated for an award!

I'm excited that Carrie Stratford-Collver from Wanted.....More Friends to Feed has nominated me for my very first blogging award...The Liebster Award, thanks a million Carrie.
 
 

Don't know what it is, neither did I until I did some research. It's an award given to new blogs with less then 200 followers (sadly I have probably the least at this point so feel free to subscribed, PLEASE) and you're nominated by fellow bloggers. In reality, there's no judges, no competition, no actual award mailed to my house. LOL  

I'm pretty new at this whole blogging thing, so getting any recognition that doesn't come from my close circle is a pretty neat thing, especially considering that Carrie and I have never met and she lives in Ontario.
 
The rules of The Liebster Award are that you post 11 random facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions provided by the blogger who nominated you and then come up with your own list of 11 questions for the 11 bloggers who you nominate and go back to their blogs to let them know you've nominated them.
 
11 random facts about me:

  1. I am ambidextrous.
  2. I can do the wave with my tongue
  3. I really like hamburger helper
  4. I am obsessed with Shamrock Shakes
  5. My favorite movie is The Greatest Show on Earth
  6. I am currently making homemade wine
  7. I enjoy sleep about as much as cooking and eating
  8. I am usually late for most things, (odd since I was premature 3 months)
  9. On that note, I only weighed 2 lbs when I was born
  10. I love to travel
  11. I love family heritage.

11 Questions from Carrie:
  1. Why did you start your blog? To promote my Children's book and get my recipes out there as friends have requested.
  2. What did you want to be when you were 5? In the circus 
  3. Who is your biggest inspiration and why? Probably mom, she's a saint
  4. If you were stuck on a deserted island with one person, who would it be and why? Rihanna, (isn't it obvious she's hot)
  5. What's your greatest achievement? Published author 
  6. What's your favorite season? Summer
  7. What advice would you give to a new blogger? Research, take advice, and have patience 
  8. What's your favorite song? right now it is, Locked out of Heaven by Bruno Mars
  9. Do you put your pants on left side first, right side first or both legs at once? right 
  10. Hoodie and Jeans or a Dress and Stilettos? As a man, hoodie and jeans. LOL 
  11. What is your dream travel destination? Bora Bora
11 Questions for my nominated blogs:

  1. What is your favorite food?
  2. Who is your hero?
  3. What do you enjoy cooking the most?
  4. Favorite movie?
  5. If you could go on a date with a celebrity who would it be?
  6. What is your favorite color?
  7. What is your job?
  8. Favorite pastime as a child?
  9. Favorite vacation spot?
  10. How would you promote your blog more?
  11. Why are you currently writing your blog? 

My nominated blogs are..........

Belletrist

My Sense of Taste

Karin's Recipe

S'en la cocina

Loretta's Kitchen

Cynfully Wonderful
    I know I am supposed to have 11 blogs I like, but most of them have over 200 members.  I will keep trying.  Please check out these blogs though, they are great for some very different recipes, travels, etc., from different standpoints. 


  

2 comments:

  1. wow! congratulations for those who are nominated. I'm looking forward for more fun and interesting posts.. :)

    travel to Morocco

    ReplyDelete