Monday, August 26, 2013

Fish Tacos

 
Fish-Tacos
Fish Tacos



      I have heard that Fish Tacos are something that originated in California.  Since living in WV is far from California, you might ask how someone like me found these delightful little meals.  Well, traveling and trying new things introduced me to the Fish Taco.  I'm one of those people that once I get the hankering for something I plan and organize to make it that night or weekend.  So, here goes, I was craving Fish Tacos surprisingly and decided to give it a try and attempt to make them.  Never having done this before it turned out to be very simple and quick. Previous Fish Tacos that I have had included a slaw type of topping.  I was craving a good cold black bean salsa so I threw it in instead.  If you are not a fan of fish and think the idea of making it into a taco is repulsive, please just open your mind and mouth and give this a shot.  It will not disappoint you.  Trust me....  Fish Tacos.

Ingredients:

  • 2 filets of Swai
  • Panko crumbs
  • 2 eggs
  • Flour
  • 1/2 15oz can corn
  • 1/2 15oz can black beans
  • 1 10oz can Ro-Tel tomatoes/jalapenos
  • 1/2 cup cut green onion
  • 9-12 fresh white corn tortilla
  • 1 tbs cumin
  • 1/2 tbs garlic powder
  • 4 tbs mayo
  • 1 tbs chili pepper
  • 1/2 tbs cayenne
  • 1/2 tbs dill

     First prepare the fish by slicing the filets into small strips and then coating in some flour, dredging in egg, then into the panko crumbs. Fry in a skillet in a little olive oil until golden brown on both sides.  Place in an ovenproof baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.  Meanwhile mix the mayo, the cayenne, chili, and dill in a bowl based on taste.

     In a small frying pan brown the white corn tortillas in a little oil on both sides until they start to bubble and blacken.  Remove to a plate and fold to cool.


     Mix the corn, beans, and can of Ro-Tel, cumin, and garlic powder together and sit aside.  Once the fish is complete it is time to plate.  Take some of the mayo concoction and spread inside the taco shell.  Place in a piece of fish and top with the black bean corn salsa.  Serve immediately while the tacos shells are a bit crisp and soft.  Enjoy my take on Fish Tacos.  Serves 3-6 people based on the size of their stomachs.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment