Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Cheat River Shrimp


     So years ago I used to work at this upscale restaurant that sat on the edge of my hometown.  A little place that sat on the river with outdoor dining on a nice multi level deck under wonderful sets of ferns, flowers, and even a grape arbor.  We served items ranging from Angus beef, local fish, other seafood, and even pastas.  One of my favorite items was a small appetizer called "Field and Stream".  It was some grilled shrimp and sausages with a few different dipping sauces.  My favorite of the sauces was the key lime mayo sauce.  It has been years since I worked there and luckily I was a good friend with the owners and their daughter with whom I grew up.  I was able to adapt this recipe into my own so that on one bored weekend I decided to whip this up. 

     Not much to this delicious dish.  A couple ingredients that everyone probably already have in their fridge.  Some white wine, fresh garlic, lime juice, and mayo and you have yourself a very refreshing and easy shrimp appetizer that can be put together for guests or even for game day.  Below you will find two recipes.  A quick one for the shrimp and another for they mayo dipping sauce. For this recipe I don't really use any measurements as they are eyeballing it and just pouring in.  Please enjoy what I call Cheat River Shrimp.

Ingredients:

Shrimp
  • 1/2 lb shrimp
  • White wine
  • Garlic
  • Olive oil
  • Black pepper

     Toss shrimp already de-veined, de-shelled, etc., in bowl with some white wine, olive oil, couple cloves of chopped garlic, and black pepper.  Cover and refrigerate over night.

Key lime Mayo

  • Mayo
  • Key limejuice
  • Spicy Mustard
  • Black pepper

     Mix above ingredients together based on taste until you have a delicious dipping sauce.

     Grill your shrimp on top of a hot grill until pink and you have those grill marks.  Serve with dipping sauce.  That is it!  Simple and delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment