Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Balsamic Glazed Chicken


      I came up with this recipe by just searching the web for ideas on how to spruce up my chicken.  I decided to use boneless skinless thighs for this one thinking it would be a bit juicer and be able to handle the flavors that I decided to incorporate for this glaze.  I had seen a couple different ways of making a balsamic glaze but wanted to put my own spin on it.  I combined the strong flavors of the balsamic vinegar with some brown sugar, honey, fresh garlic, and even some thyme.  I accompanied these with an unusual potato concoction that I invented in my mind.  I took some small yellow skin potatoes, sliced them like little coins, quickly sautéed them in butter and oil, added just enough cream to barely cover them, some seasoning salt and fresh rosemary, covered and simmered until the liquid had absorbed and the potatoes were tender.  This chicken is not only tender and juicy but the flavors really go well together.  Almost like a good BBQ but with a tangy twist.  Balsamic Glazed Chicken.

Ingredients:
  • 1-2 boneless skinless chicken thighs
  • 1/3-cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tbs brown sugar
  • 2 tbs honey
  • 1 large diced clove garlic
  • 1 tsp fresh thyme

      Coat chicken with salt and pepper and start grilling it over medium heat on the grill.  Meanwhile in a small sauce pan pour in the balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, honey, garlic, and fresh thyme.  Simmer until the mixture reduces and thickens.  Start coating the chicken and flipping it until the chicken is cooked and the glaze has become thick on the meat.  Serve with the above potatoes and your favorite green vegetable.  Serves 2.  A quick and delicious chicken that anyone in the house can enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment