Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Sticky Asian Short Ribs


Short-Ribs

 
     I have always wanted to make beef short ribs. I've ordered them in restaurants and was always under the impression that they are hard to fix. I've been told they can be tough, hard to work with, not much flavor, etc., however the ones I order in my favorite restaurants are always so tender, juicy, and flavorful. So I decided to give it a try. I thought a great combination of Asian flavors would be perfect for these ribs. Sticky Asian Short Ribs.

 




Ingredients:

  • 5-6 small beef short ribs
  • 1/3 cup soy
  • 1/2 cup beef stock
  • 1 tbs sriracha
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 up apple sauce
  • 1 tsp five spice powder
  • 1 tsp sesame oil

 
1. In a crockpot place the beef short ribs.

2. Mix together in a bowl the soy, stock, sriracha, brown sugar, apple sauce, five spice, and sesame oil.

3. Pour over ribs, cover, and cook on low for 6-7 hours. Serve over potatoes or rice.

 
     These were fall off the bone, juicy, sticky, tender, that I could not have asked for a better meal. Simple and cooked out of the way that made them perfect for a weeknight meal.

 
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 6-7 hours
Serves: 2.

 


 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment