Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Tomato Tart


Tomato-Tart




 
 
    This dish was inspired by my Foodies+ friend Azlin Bloor who created a wonderful looking Gruyere artichoke and peppers tart. I thought I would try a little tart making because I had some left over puff pastry in the fridge that I needed to use up. So I came up with this easy tomato tart with some special flavors of ricotta cheese, basil pesto, and some bacon. Who doesn't love bacon? I mean it makes everything better. Tomato Tart


 
Ingredients:
  • 1 sheet of puff pastry
  • 2 Roma tomatoes sliced
  • 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
  • 1 tbs fresh basil pesto
  • 2 slices chopped cooked bacon
  • Salt/pepper


 
1. Roll out the puff pastry into a square. Leave about a 1/2 inch border and poke with a fork all around the center area. Bake according to package leaving about 10 minutes off. (hint: I noticed throughout the cooking that the center started to puff up more than the sides. Just poke with a fork to let more air out).
 
2. Remove the puff pastry from the oven and let cool a bit.
 
3. Spread the ricotta cheese and pesto over the top.
 
4. Lay the sliced tomatoes around.
 
5. Then top with crumbled bacon.
 
6. Bake for another 10-15 minutes.
 
7. Salt and pepper to taste.
 
 
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 2













No comments:

Post a Comment