Stuffed Peppers has to be one of my ultimate favorite meals of all time. It is just one of those comfort foods that I remember growing up as a kid. You own little meal placed nicely in a pocket of sorts and served hot. No need for any other items on your plate, this was a full meal in one. This recipe is exactly how my mother makes it. No subsitutions, no changes, no nothing. Just plain, delicious and simple. Stuffed Peppers.
- 4 Green Bell Peppers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 white onion
- 2 slices white bread torn into chunks
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup uncooked minute rice
1. Slice the tops off of the peppers and remove the inner veins and seeds. Shock in boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, combine the beef, diced up onion, parsley, egg, salt/pepper, rice, and bread into a bowl.
3. Place each pepper bottom side down into a baking dish. Take a tablespoon of marinara and dollup into the bottom of each pepper. Pour about a cup of water into the bottom of the baking dish surrounding the peppers.
4. Take some of the beef mixture and stuff it into each pepper.
5. Top with another spoonfull of marinara.
6. Place in 350 degree oven and bake uncovered for 1 hour 15 minutes.
You can at just 15 minutes left to cooking spoon some more marinara over top of each pepper.
These are perfectly tender, juicy, and full of flavor. It will easily become one of your favorites.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes