|Pork Cutlet with a Sherry Mustard Sauce|
So this recipe is a knock off of one I saw on the Foodnetwork's Kitchen show. However they used chicken cutlets and some other things that I changed up a bit. This dish was amazing! Oddly perfect combination of flavors with the olives and the mustard sherry sauce. Definitely agree with the hosts of that show that they cutlets should be marinated for at least 30 minutes. The herbs attach and stay with the cutlet while frying. Definitely give this one a try. Pork Cutlet with a Sherry Mustard Sauce.
- 4 thick cut pork cutlets
- 2 tbs parsley
- 1 large shallot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup green olives
- 1/4 cup cooking sherry
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbs brown mustard
- Handful diced fresh basil
- Olive oil
1. Take the pork cutlets and pound them down under some plastic wrap.
2. Salt and pepper and place in a zip bag.
3. Pour in some olive oil. Sprinkle in the parsley and 1 clove chopped garlic. Toss to coat and let sit
for at least 30 minutes.
4. In a large saute pan drizzle in some olive oil and brown the pork cutlets about 5 min each side until nice and golden and cooked through. Sit aside on a plate and cover with tinfoil.
5. In same saute pan, toss diced shallot and saute. Mix in 1 clove diced garlic and saute until fragrant.
6. Pour in the cooking sherry and deglaze the pan.
7. Toss in the halved cherry tomatoes and halved olives. Saute.
8. Pour in the chicken broth, the diced basil, bring to a simmer and reduce.
9. Stir in the mustard and mix thoroughly.
10. Place cutlets on a plate and top with the sherry mustard sauce. Top with some fresh diced basil and serve.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Marinate time: 30 min
Deglaze and saute