Chicken Scarpariello is an Italian American dish that combines the briny, woody, and hotness of the flavors incorporated into the dish. The dish apparently originated in New York and the meaning is loosely derived from Scarpiello which in Italian means "shoemaker". Either way, this dish was an interesting combination of the flavors listed above. I would definitely recommend this for anyone looking for something different and to kick up the flavors of your normal chicken dish. Chicken Scarpariello.
- 2 lg Chicken breasts
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 3 lg peperoncini chopped
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Handful fresh diced parsley
- 1 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- Olive oil
1. Salt and pepper chicken breasts then dredge in some flour.
2. In a large skillet saute chicken in some olive oil until brown on both sides. Remove and set aside.
3. In same skillet pour in chicken stock.
4. Toss in diced mushrooms, rosemary, parsley, and garlic.
5. Place chicken back in and bring to a simmer.
6. Toss in peperoncini and lemon juice, cover and simmer for roughly 15 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-30