Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pot Roast

Pot-Roast
Pot Roast and Vegetables
 
         When someone says, what is considered a traditional American meal? Many dishes in my opinion come to mind. I think of hamburgers, hotdogs, pie, BBQ ribs, meatloaf, fried chicken, etc. But many people forget one of the most famous American meals, Pot Roast, a true comfort food that everyone enjoys. Who didn't grow up having their mother cook a Pot Roast in the oven with some fresh root vegetables? The smell lingering in the house all day was amazing. It was the perfect dish to have on a rainy or winter day. A Sunday meal with the whole family, or as I did, a warming meal during the week. Since cooking for only one is at times difficult, I took a 2 1/2 lb roast and cut it in half and froze the other part. The result was still enough to serve at least 2 people. I do not own a crock-pot so I placed it in the oven on low before I went to work that morning and came home halfway through the day to take it out. Once I arrived back home that evening I just put it back in the oven at medium temp for about 20 minutes to warm it back up. The final result was a delicious and very moist dinner. Hope you enjoy my version of Pot Roast and Vegetables.

Ingredients:

  • 1.2 lb Chuck Roast
  • 2 cups halved small redskin potatoes
  • 1 1/2 cups mini carrots
  • bunch of green onions 1in cuts
  • 2 cups beef broth
  • 1 tbs soy
  • 1 tbs worcestershire
  • 1 tsp McCormicks steak seasoning
  • 1 clove garlic

       Preheat oven to 225F.  In a Dutch oven take the cut potatoes, carrots, garlic, and green onions and toss in.  Place the roast in the center on top of the vegetables.  In a mixing bowl combine the broth, soy, worcestershire, and McCormicks seasoning and mix.  Pour over the roast and vegetables.  Cover and place in the oven.  Cook for 4 hours.  Perfect for 2-4 or just yourself as leftovers.


No comments:

Post a Comment