Friday, June 28, 2013

Music Moves The Soul




 

 

     What a better recipe for life than music that serves as your soundtrack.  Ever wonder if your life was a movie what your soundtrack would include?  Ever walk into a bar or restaurant and as the music overhead plays it's as if you are on the screen and the song playing is fitting to you as you saunter by?  One of my all time favorite bands has to be the Rolling Stones.  They are rock Gods. Every time that certain Stones song comes on I sing as loud as I can. And trust me, I sound like a bag full of cats being hit with clubs.  Something about certain bands or songs just gets you going.  Certain songs are the perfect accompaniment to a good road trip or nice afternoon drive down that country road, the windows open, the breeze coming into the car, and that one song blaring aloud. 

     Working a full time job handling the stress of others can place a toll on one without some sort of break.  What better break than to go to a live concert.  The Stones have been performing together for 50 years.  This monumental band shouldn't be missed.  I have been a fan since I was a little kid.  To think that a band has been performing together with the same members for 50 years is amazing.  Not too many other bands are still doing that.  Heck, I can't even think of any others. 

     My friend and I decided to take the plunge and buy tickets.  We headed out early Monday morning and drove the 3 1/2 hours into downtown Washington D.C.  We booked our room at the Marriott in the Capitol Hill district.  We arrived early enough that we headed to the Museum of Natural History.  We toured around and headed to a little Thai restaurant to indulge ourselves in a great meal of traditional Thai food. 

     As the hour approached we freshened up and walked to the arena.  All I can say is it was a great experience and one that I will never forget.  Seeing one of your favorite musical groups is amazing in itself, but to see one that has been around for over 50 years is unbelievable.  To be a part of something so legendary is a great feeling.  Sitting there in the very large arena packed completely with people who know how to just relax and enjoy good music is great.  Any live music is a great "recipe" for enjoyment.  What would life be without pure enjoyment?  Something that moves the soul and allows you to relax.  Life cannot be all about work, work, and more work.  There has to be some play.  Seeing and doing something that you enjoy, even for just a day, can solve any stress related to your normal humdrum life. My recipe for this trip: Pure Live Musical Fun With Friends... Period.


**Below is the Thai dish I ordered. Chicken and Basil with Wide Rice Noodles. Delicious!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment