Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Sage Sour Cream Pork Chops

Sage-Pork-Chop
Sage Sour Cream Pork Chops
    
     It was a busy workweek and I needed to whip up something quick as I had gotten home late from work.  Living alone at times makes it a bit confusing to determine what to eat as well as the ability to make just the right amount for one person versus a couple.  I had laid out some pork chops because they are usually easy to fix.  I decided to do an old standby of breading them in Italian breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.  I had a little left over mushrooms in the fridge and decided to create a unique sauce to accompany them. I had some sour cream in the fridge, as well as some fresh herbs still growing in little pots.  Why not combine and make a simple sauce to go over these already delicious chops?  So here goes, my Sage Sour Cream Pork Chops.
 
Ingredients:
  • 1/4-cup chicken stock
  • 1/4-cup sour cream
  • 2 tbs cooking sherry
  • Handful mushrooms
  • 1/4-diced onion
  • 2 small sage leaves diced
  • Salt/pepper

 
     After quick browning the chops in a large sauté pan in butter I removed them and placed them in an oven to bake.  In the same sauté pan I tossed in the diced onion and mushrooms and sautéed them over medium heat.  Next pour in the cooking sherry and scrape up the browned pieces from the bottom of the pan. Pour in the chicken stock and mix in the sour cream until incorporated.  Next, mix in the diced sage and salt/pepper.   Stir and simmer on low for about 10 minutes.  Viola!  Once the sauce has thickened a bit pour nicely over your cooked pork chops when serving.  This sauce was so smooth, silky, and a bit tangy that it accompanied the pork chops very nicely.  Enjoy.  Serves 2-4.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment