Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Harvest Soup

Harvest-Soup
Harvest Soup
 
     It's starting to be autumn here and one good thing about that is it is slowly becoming soup weather. Anyone that knows me knows that I love a good soup. I love making soup. It's so easy and fun all you have to do is throw everything into one pot and you have a delicious, healthy, and warming meal in one bowl. I have many soups in my repertoire. Some are even posted on here. However I am always trying to come up with a new type of soup. I created this one to utilize some of the summer’s end vegetables that I was able to find at my market. This soup is hearty, full of flavor, and so comforting that I went back for not only seconds but thirds and fourths. I am calling this recipe Harvest Soup and it is sure to become one of my favorites and one I will definitely be making for guests from now on. Give this quick and amazing soup a try. Harvest Soup:

Ingredients:
  • 32 oz of Chicken broth
  • 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
  • 1 cup diced potatoes
  • 1/2 white onion diced
  • 1 head of kale
  • 2 chicken breasts
  • 1 12 oz can cannellini beans
  • 1 cup diced carrots
  • 1 clove diced garlic
  • Salt/pepper
  • Bay leaf

      In a large soup pot or Dutch oven pour in all the chicken broth. Place your frozen chicken breasts into the pot and bring to a boil. Cook for about 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and remove. In same pot pour in the tomato sauce. Toss in the diced potatoes, onions, carrots, diced up kale, garlic, and bay leaf. Let simmer until the potatoes are about cooked through. Dice up the chicken and toss back in along with the cannellini beans. Salt and pepper to taste and let simmer for about 15 minutes. Serve with grated parmesan or nice crusty bread. This soup is fantastic. You will definitely fall in love with it.

Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Serves 4-6 people


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Homemade Food Junkie. I love soups and they are so easy to make.

      Delete
  2. This looks great! Is it really only 2 ounces of chicken broth?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my God, thank you Rebecca Winkler. I seem to always miss something when proofing. I'll change it. 32 oz

      Delete