Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Chinese Sesame Chicken

Sesame-Chicken
Sesame Chicken
 
 
 
    The next couple weeks I will be posting recipes that I have found and recreated from other food posts. I was craving some good Asian food and decided to try my hand at homemade Sesame Chicken. One of my favorite Chinese take-out items and one I had never tried before. So I researched some of my favorite Asian cuisine sites, one of which is RasaMalaysia, followed her recipe and viola! Sesame Chicken.
 
 
Ingredients:
 
  • 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 2 egg whites
  • 4 tbs cornstarch
  • 2 tbs soy sauce
  • 1 tbs rice vinegar
  • 4 tbs sugar
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 clove garlic
  • Toasted sesame seeds


1. Combine soy, vinegar, sugar, water, garlic, and 2 tbs cornstarch in a bowl and set aside.

2. Dice up chicken into bite size pieces.

3. Combine egg whites and 2 tbs cornstarch into a paste in another bowl.

4. Toss the chicken in the cornstarch paste and in wok over medium high heat with enough oil to fry, drop into oil and brown on both sides until golden. I did about 4 at a time. Remove and let drain on paper towel.

5. Remove oil from wok and reserve for later use. In same wok saute the garlic just until fragrant. Pour in the sauce mixture and stir just for a few seconds as it will start to thicken up. Toss in the chicken and coat. Sprinkle in the sesame seeds and toss. Serve over rice or your favorite lo mein dish.

Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 15-20 min
Serves: 2

Tasted just like the take-out version but better. Thanks RasaMalaysia!

Original post
http://rasamalaysia.com/sesame-chicken/2/

No comments:

Post a Comment