Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Carne and Queso Burrito

Beef-Burrito
Carne and Queso Burrito
 
Beef-Burrito
 
 
     I must admit that I am one of those people who goes to that certain ethnic restaurant and orders the same thing. It doesn't matter where I am, what city I am in, or which restaurant; I always look for this one dish. Now, that is not to say I haven't tried other items on the menu. I have, and I always do at any different ethnic restaurant or different cuisine, however there is that one item that you just fall in love with. I am not sure if this even constitutes Mexican cuisine. All I know is I have found it at many different Mexican restaurants up and down the east coast. It always has a different name depending on the restaurant. So when it came time to name this post, I just called it what it is. A beef and cheese burrito. Nothing fancy, beef tips cooked with onion and stuffed inside a burrito topped with that all time favorite melted white queso cheese. Simple and delicious. I have to say I am a little addicted to that white queso cheese. I have attempted many recipes but have never quite gotten it right. So I on a whim actually found the cheese in a can at my local grocery in the Hispanic food section. Quick, easy, and no hassel. Carne and Queso Burrito.
 
Ingredients:
 
  • 1 lb flank steak
  • 1/2 white onion
  • 1/2 cup beef broth
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1 can Queso Blanco
  • Flour tortilla
  • Salsa 

1. Combine cumin, chili, garlic, and paprika in a bowl. Rub all over the flank steak.

2. Dice up onion and toss into a crockpot. Place steak on top and pour in beef broth. Cook at high for 1 hour then turn down to low for another 3-4 hours.

3. Once completed to your preference in tenderness, warm up flour tortilla's, heat up Queso Blanco on stove.

4. Slice beef into strips or chunks. Place in center of tortilla alone with onions. Roll up. Cover with Queso blanco and salsa. Serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment