Now I have already blogged on here about a great pizza dough recipe, however I have always been not as satisfied with the recipe as I would like to be. I have searched and searched looking for the best way to re-create that perfect true to style traditional Italian pizza. The exact kind you get in the birth place of pizza, Naples, Italy. Well folks it has happened. I have found the best dough recipe out there. I tried it the other week and holy cow it was perfect. Give it a try. The bad part is that it does take a week to set up but perfection is not easy. Naples Pizza Dough
- 4 cups Italian OO flour
- 4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pizza yeast
- 13 ounces water
1. Combine flour, yeast, and salt in a bowl and whisk.
2. Pour in water and mix with hands until a ball has formed and all flour is gone.
3. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 8-10 hours.
4 Turn out on floured surface and form into 4 balls.
5. Place each ball into a gallon zip lock bag and place in fridge for up to 5 days.
6. When ready to make the pizza's let rise for 2 hours on counter covered with a towel.
7. Kneed out into a perfect circle with your hands and fist. Top and bake in 550 degree oven on a pizza stone that has been heated for at least 20-30 minutes. Cook for about 10 minutes or until crust is nice and brown and bottom has those perfect black marks.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Inactive Time: 5 days 10 hours
Cook Time: 10 minutes