Was another night just like any, I was craving a sort of fried chicken again but wanted something new. My porch has been taken over by all the basil plants that I planted and I wanted to use some of it up. Came up with this great idea to combine a wonderful crispy breading with a fresh twist. So here goes; Crunchy Pesto Baked Chicken.
- 2-3 chicken pieces
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 2 cups cornflake crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbs olive oil
1. Prepare the pesto by combining the basil, Parmesan, garlic, and olive oil in a food processor.
2. Meanwhile salt and pepper the chicken pieces then dredge in some flower.
3. On a large plate combine the cornflake crumbs and the prepared pesto into a chunky breading.
4. Roll the floured chicken pieces in the crumb mixture and gently place on a baking sheet.
5. Bake in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.
This chicken was so full of flavor from the combination of the pesto and the crunchy cornflake crumbs. Very delicious and made the dinner a great one.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes