Instead of making the traditional pumpkin pie for this holiday season, why not try a twist on this traditional Italian cookie. This recipe was so easy and full of flavor that you will definitely be making this for your next festive get together with friends and family. The chocolate and hint of pumpkin flavoring make this cookie the best during these upcoming cold days. Just dip this cookie into your favorite cup of joe and any morning will turn out to be the best. Pumpkin Chocolate Biscotti
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 spoonful pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- Chocolate chips
1. In small bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
2. In a large bowl blend the sugar and butter together.
3. Slowly blend in the eggs one at a time followed by the pumpkin puree
4. Next mix in the cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice.
5. Blend in the flour mixture in batches until well incorporated.
6. Form into a rectangle about 1/2 inch thick as pictured below.
7. Bake for 30 minutes in 350 degree oven.
8. Let cool for 30 minutes and cut into 1/2 inch diagonal pieces and lay flat back on baking sheet and bake for another 5 minutes.
9. Melt chocolate over double boiler and drizzle over the cookies as you choose.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Inactive Time: 30 minutes
Serves: Makes 15-20 cookies