Tuesday, July 23, 2013

BBQ Chicken

BBQ-Chicken
BBQ Chicken

     What says summer more than barbeque on the grill, picnics outside in the hot summer air, and easy dinner plans when you don't want to be inside cooking?  So this one weeknight, it was gorgeous outside and I thought, why not just fire up the grill and cook some BBQ ChickenBBQ Chicken is a right of summer just like hamburgers and hot dogs. Everyone has their own BBQ that they enjoy or make themselves.  I make my own BBQ sauce that I use for ribs and pulled pork.  This night, I thought I would switch it up a bit.  I took a simple store bought BBQ sauce and added a little of myself to the mix.  Either way it is hard to put "amounts" on the ingredients that go into a delicious tasting BBQ sauce.  Below I give you a simple description to what I did to create a juicy, sweet but tangy, and spicy sauce for my chicken.  As for the amounts, start by "eye-balling" it.  Small palm fulls of each until you get the taste you are looking form.

Ingredients:

  • 1-2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/2 cup store bought simple BBQ sauce
  • Worcestershire sauce
  • Balsamic vinegar
  • Garlic powder
  • Honey
  • Pure chili paste
  • Liquid smoke

     Mix all above ingredients in a bowl based on taste and preferences. Gently coat the chicken in a bit of the sauce.  Over a hot grill sear the chicken on both sides to get those grill marks for about 3-5 minutes on both sides.  Move the chicken to a cooler side of the grill or over the section that does not have heat below it.  Continue to coat the chicken in more of the sauce and turn.  Cover and cook for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.  Serves 2.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment