Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Lemon Rosemary Chicken

Lemon-Rosemary-Chicken
Lemon Rosemary Chicken
 

     It is Mediterranean month on my foodies+ community on Google+. I decided to invent my own dish based on some amazing ingredients you can find in the Mediterranean. Lemons are so popular in the southern part of Italy as well as in Greece. They use lemons for almost anything. Rosemary and fresh garden vegetables are also a big part of the cuisine. I included some white wine because wine is found in almost every meal. This dish was great. I was so proud that I put this together on a whim. I was sitting at work trying to figure out what to make for dinner on the weekend but knew my schedule might change due to my other job. I hurried to the store on a Thursday evening and prepped all the vegetables that night so as to put it all together early Friday morning for a wonderful start to my weekend. Hope you enjoy this Lemon Rosemary Chicken.

 
Ingredients:
  • 3 chicken breasts
  • Zucchini
  • 2 small yellow squash
  • 1/2 green pepper
  • 1/2 white onion
  • Cup white wine
  • Cup chicken stock
  • 1 lemon
  • Sprig fresh rosemary
  • Salt/pepper
 
     This is so easy and amazing I couldn't believe how good it was. Simply take your zucchini and squash and slice them. Take the onion and pepper and slice them into strips. Place half the vegetables in the bottom of a Dutch oven. Salt and pepper your chicken breasts and place them on top. Lay the sprig of rosemary along side the chicken. Slice the lemon into roughly about 4 slices and lay them on top of the chicken breasts. Take the rest of the vegetables and lay them on top of that. Pour the white wine and chicken stock into the pot. Cover and place in a 200-degree oven and let cook for roughly 3 1/2 - 4 hours. That simple. Once you remove the lid the aroma that fills the air is amazing. I placed mine in the oven before I went to work and when I came home for lunch it was finished. This dish is so fresh tasting, crisp from the lemons and full of flavors from the vegetables and rosemary. This recipe serves about 3-4 people. I love it and so will you.

What it will look like before and after you place in oven
 
 




2 comments:

  1. Looks great PJ. What do you think about doing it in a slow cooker?
    Johnny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Johnny it would easily be made in a slow cooker. Great idea.

      Delete