Here is just another one of my creations to the already perfect Italian cookie. That perfect combination of crunchy but also chewy. These have the great flavor combo of lemon and blueberry. Perfect, refreshing, tart flavor filled cookie to perfectly dunk into your coffee or just eat alone. Hell, if you ask me, I prefer just eating one by itself. Well maybe two or three that is. Lemon Blueberry Biscotti.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 stick softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- Zest from 1 large lemon
- Juice from half of lemon
- Powdered sugar
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Yellow food coloring
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In another bowl blend the butter and sugar until creamy.
4. Slowly mix in the eggs one at a time in the sugar butter mixture.
5. Mix in the zest and juice from the lemon.
6. Slowly mix in the flour in batches. Then stir in the blueberries.
7. On a tin foil lined baking sheet spread out the cookie mixture and form into a flatten rectangular log shape.
8. Bake for 30 minutes until edges are golden browned. Let cool for 30 minutes.
9. Slice at an angle into 1/2 inch slices then lay back down on the baking sheet and bake for another 5 minutes.
10. To make icing combine the milk and powdered sugar until a thick icing has formed. Mix in some lemon zest and drizzle over or dip the cookies in once cooled.
These might have to be one of my favorite flavor combinations for a wonderful biscotti recipe. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Inactive Time: 30 minutes
Serves: As many as you want. Makes roughly 15 separate cookies.