Monday, May 5, 2014

Marmalade Chicken

marmalade-chicken
Marmalade Chicken

     My Uncle Johnny makes a wonderful Orange Marmalade Chicken.  So I decided to try my hand at it, as usual, with a twist.  I had a bottle of Chateau Monet and some fresh orange marmalade.  So I decided to combine the two into a nice glaze slowly cooked on the stovetop.  As for the actual chicken, all I did was coat it in flour, then in egg, then in a flour/cornflake crumb mixture and fried it until brown on both sides then baked it in the oven.  Half way through the baking process you brush on your perfectly sweet but mild with a kick glaze until it caramelizes the succulent chicken. This was amazing.  It was just like I had hoped it would turn out.  The crispiness from the fried chicken was maintained even with the juicy caramelized sweetness of the glaze spread on top.  It was delicious.  Hope you enjoy my Marmalade Chicken.

Ingredients for glaze:
  • 1/3 cup Chateau Monet 
  • 4 large heaping tbs of Orange Marmalade
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar

     First, I coated my chicken in some flour, and then dipped it in egg, then in a flour/ cornflake crumb combination.  Fried in a little bit of oil until brown on both sides.  Placed on a baking sheet in a 350-degree oven for 25-30 minutes.  Meanwhile I took the Chateau Monet and the orange marmalade and placed it on the stove over low heat.  Bring it to a simmer, toss in the garlic and vinegar and continue to simmer for about 5 minutes until the aromas combine.  About 20 minutes into the cooking of the chicken process carefully brush some of the glaze over both sides of the chicken thoroughly.  Put back into the oven and continue cooking for the remaining amount.  Use the rest of the glaze as a dipping sauce if preferred.  Perfect marmalade chicken.  Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. WOW! I love what you did with Uncle Johnny's chicken. Really fabulous!

    ReplyDelete